Monday, June 23, 2008

It's fate!

So, you know when something is just obviously meant to be? I feel that way about my husband. I also feel that way when I find an amazing sale or a great vintage find in a thrift store. Well, right now I'm feeling that away about my new cake stand!

You see, I'd been admiring the work of Whitney Smith http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5189972 for quite some time. She has beautiful lotus bowls





and poppy bowls


But most of all . . . she has amazing cake stands!










Well, one day I was perusing etsy which I am prone to do when I'm bored, and I clicked on the "Shop Local" link. This is a cool feature that shows you artists in your hometown. I love to shop locally in general, but I'll write about that another time. Lo and behold, Whitney Smith actually has a studio just a couple miles from me! As you can imagine, I high-tailed it over there this past weekend and finally purchased my very own cake stand. Here she is:






Isn't she lovely? Now all I need to do is bake some cute little cakes to set on it. We also received a bigger glass cake dome from our wedding registry, and I am already imagining the fun I'm going to have with my cake stands (mini quiche! brie! fruit! cupcakes! muffins!). I think a brunch is in order . . .
Check out the "shop local" section of www.etsy.com sometime and see what artists are in your neighborhood!
Till next time,
Jen

1 comment:

Bree said...

Dammit! Just what I needed...another addiction. I love it! Hmmmm.... how big a stack do you think you could get chocolate chip cookies to go? :P